SPOILER ALERT!

Midnight

Midnight - Erin Hunter Midnight, is the 1st book of the 'New Prophecy' series of Warrior Cats, and when I started reading, I was a little sad or rather discouraged that the main character had changed. After getting to know FireStar, from kittypet, to apprentice, to warrior, and finally leader of the ThunderClan, I grew very fond of his personality to say the least, but this series is told through the perspective of the next generation. Evil TigerStar's son, and loyal ThurderClan cat BrambleClaw is the main character of the book, along with one of FireStar's daughters LeafPaw. The sharred narrator definitely works for this book, seeing as BrambleClaw and FireStar's other daughter SquirrelPaw leave on a long journey at the beginning of the book. By reading the story through BrambleClaw and LeafPaw's perspectives, the reader is able to be kept awar of what is going on in the Clan's, as well as what is going on in the quest. The New Prophecy tells of a new danger in store for the cats of all four clans, which explains why one cat from each clan was chosen to leave on the quest with BrambleClaw and SquirrelPaw. In her usual style, Hunter ends the book smack in the middle of the journey, which as usual, leave me rushing to the bookstore to pick up book 2 in the series...