Faefever

Faefever - Karen Marie Moning Wow...just wow. I need a moment to collect my thoughts after this ending. If I didn't have book 4 right now I'd be going crazy. Period. It shouldn't and didn't come as a shocker to me that this would happen. KMM didn't waste all that time explaining about what the Fae do; what they feed off of. How the light-seelie (V'lane in perticular) actually did control himself around Mac...how truly awful the dark-unseelie would be in comparison. No, I can't say that I'm shocked at all...but I can't say those last chapters were fun to read. Especially with how much I've grown to like Mac. I can get that some people were upset about the ending. Again, I guess I saw it coming since book one. The story was leading to it, and though it was horrible to read

Last two chapters aside, I seriously enjoyed Faefever. Everything sort of stepped up a notch for me in this one. Like V'lane. I really enjoyed V'lane's cosmic and other-worldly sex-appeal in this one...almost as much as I continue to enjoy Barrons. Yes even at his aggressive and conceited finest; I love Barrons. There's something else underneath all that aggravation he causes and like Mac, I just want to know EVERYTHING about him. The scenes where Mac & Barrons are at each others throats I mean the ones where they beat on each other and it gets all passionate and sexy are electric! No wait, let me rephrase that. Barrons is plenty electric on his own. NUCLEAR! Now there's an accurate word. I'm seriously hoping for more repeats ;)

As usual KMM writes in a style that oozes anticipation. She'll let you know something big is coming and then she'll keep you waiting...on the edge of your seat, biting your nails. And she'll pace every word and action perfectly. It's torture for sure, but it's also fun. Mac's dry sense of humor and wit is always a bonus. Who didn't crack out laughing when she busted out the MacHalo?!? OMG such a great scene! I'm also constantly impressed by the vocabulary KMM pulls out at times. I have a habit of looking up any word I come across that I'm unsure of it's full meaning. And I'm surprised at how many times I've learned a new word. Usually KMM weaves in the meaning for us within the book. Mac's character was never a bookworm so when she learns a new word, she teaches is to us along the way.

So let this be a warning to everyone: Yes, in Faefever we learn the true meaning and horror of well 'fae-fever'. If you didn't see the last chapters coming at some point in this series, with the way the everything was put together; well you may be in for a nasty surprise. I didn't enjoy that part myself but the best heroes face horrible, nightmarish things. They usually come out stronger on the other side. Here's hoping!

PS- That text Mac got...written by a young boy who had been captured by Fae? I think I have a guess as to his identity ;)