Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 2

Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 2 - Kelley Armstrong The Darkest Powers Bonus Pack contains 2 short stories that take place AFTER the events of The Reckoning, the final book in the Darkest Powers Trilogy. I loved this novella as much as I enjoyed the series - it's even more enjoyable than the first bonus pack! I can't recommend it enough for fans of the series...especially fans of Chloe & Derek ;)

So the first story in this novella is called Facing Facts and it is a short story told from Chloe's POV. As much as I enjoyed the previous Bonus Pack short stories, none of them were from Chloe's perspective. As soon as I started reading Facing Facts, it made me realize how much I'd missed her. As a character she does quite a bit of growing up in the Darkest Powers series, so seeing her in this story was really sweet. I thought she was really awesome all around in this one, especially considering what she deals with at the end there. The plot largely deals with certain facts about both Tori's parentage and how they affect the group as a whole. It does a nice job of answering some lingering questions I still had after The Reckoning. I think this is my second favorite Darkest Powers extra, coming in after....

Belonging! Belonging is also a short story that takes place after the initial trilogy, but this one is told from Derek's POV. I loved all the short story from his perspective, well because I freaking love Derek so much. This one is easily the one I enjoyed the most because in this one Derek's feelings about Chloe aren't at all confused - they're clear and out in the open. One word: adorable! I had a perma-smile on pretty much all the time as I was reading this one. The intrigue of this one rests on Derek's Wolf family finding out about him and wanting him to take his rightful role within their pack. Again the plot builds on things brought up previously in the original story arc so it's a great way to get some added perspective on the story...while spending some bonus quality time with Derek!

I really loved reading this little extras - they're a quick and worthwhile read for any fans of the series! 4 stars.